Think Big for 2012

Before I can make goals  I need to assess how I am doing in each of the areas uncovered in my brainstorming.
Questions like; What do I do well in these areas or what do I need to work on.
Then I can ask, what is in the immediate future that needs my attention and support and what long range goals need to be looked at to maximize potential.
may05 009

These are the areas of responsibility that I carry.
wife, mother, schoolwork, overseas work
Roles specific to me alone.
wife to Jim, mother to James, daughter, sister, friend. Afterschool Club
What I am good at.
listener, teacher, writer, motivator, homemaker,
What I love
books, photography, blogging, talking, teaching, relating, all things creative, God, family and friends and my dog Lilly
What of the future
financial security for me and my loved ones, a spiritual legacy for my kin, to continue to have an impact in a needy world, to smile at the future!
may05 019
In some of these instances you would be better to ask the input of others. You might be surprised by the answers. We often have blind spots.
I asked both husband and son about what I do well and the expected answers came back about my cooking and housekeeping abilities but a couple of unexpected and very appreciated answers came back. Helps me know what is appreciated and needed!
As I take each one of these and examine where I am and where I want to be I can begin to formulate some milestones.  I can be as pragmatic or as creative as I want. I can think big on this level because I will break it down into measurable goals and timelines in the steps following. 

Comments

Popular Posts