Taking Stock for 2012:- A Personal Assessment.

I know that the time will soon be upon us to close the books on 2011 and gear up for the next year.

078
2012 is a non-travelling year for us (I hope). That means I can take advantage of the school breaks and as much down time as I am allowed. This has left me feeling very purposeful about how I spend my time. I don’t want it to be frivolous or squandered on meaningless pursuits.

So, how do I figure out what is important. Brainstorm:- What are my responsibilities, What can only I do, what am I good at, what do I love, what of the future?
Of course everything is bathed in prayer and I trust God to lead me.  When asked may my answer be that of Mary who said, ““I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.”

076
So in the first steps of making a plan for 2012 here is my personal assessment:-

  • What are my responsibilities?  wife, mother, schoolwork, overseas work
  • What can only I do?  wife to Jim, mother to James, daughter, sister, friend, Afterschool Club
  • What am I good at?  listener, teacher, writer, motivator, homemaker
  • What do I love?  books, photography, blogging, talking, teaching, relating, all things creative, my dog Lilly.
  • What of the future?  financial security for me and my loved ones, a spiritual legacy for my kin, to continue to have an impact in a needy world, to smile at the future!
If any one has anything else I should have remembered please let me know.

Now to break this down into milestones

Comments

Popular Posts