Reflection Sunday

Reflection Sunday

We seem to deal with the same behavioral issues with DS until we finally lower the boom and say, “No more!”  My sin issues are not much different.  Why do we continue to do the things that we shouldn’t?

Just recently I was doing a devotional with DS and I was reminded why.  Psalm 51:5 says, “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.”

I am not a sinner because I sin, I sin because I am sinful. I do bad things because I am bad!  This is BAD news until you consider the GOOD news.

No amount of doing good can make me righteous it is only trusting Christ for His righteousness that makes me good. 

For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering And so he condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts