Food for Thought

By time I get to work and home again I work pretty well an 8 hour day. Anything else I do is pretty well extra. Like feeding my family for instance.  I like to cook and I enjoy shopping like your average She, however, providing food for my family has become pretty overwhelming to say the least.

I have no time to creatively plan a weeks menu and I detest grocery shopping.  Even online shopping can be tiresome when you order the same old stuff. Then there’s the conviction that a family needs to run on a good healthy diet and not oven ready foods or snacks. 

So I decided I would spend the better part of a day of school hols’ and plan 6 weeks worth of menus.  You can imagine my delight when I came across this site: The Resourceful Cook  On this site there is a selection of menu types all arranged in 7 days and proportioned for 1 – 4 people.  You can personalize the selections within each seven days  and then print up a grocery list.  It will store your choices and your shopping list for future use.  One of the great things about this site is that it is a British site so the recipes don’t include ingredients not available to us.  They also have the added benefit of logging you into Asda or Tesco and helping you do your shop, although I couldn’t get this feature to work yet.

So I ended the day with a months worth of recipes printed and laminated (I am a teacher, what can I say) At least that area of my life will be a little less stressful!

Comments

Popular Posts