What Nurtures You?

One of the many blessings of being a teacher is the random, and most often unexpected, snow day. Being a fulltime student and holding down a fulltime job, almost every moment of everyday is spoken for except on snow days. That's the beauty of a snow day. It's like a gift. So much so, that I feel a little paralyzed when I wake up. What should I do with my UNSCHEDULED day!
Don't get me wrong, I do have a list of to-dos as long as your arm. However, after a very busy weekend in which I passed a final exam, I decided a little nurture was in order.

NURTURE

I have a very fond memory from when I was a child. Alone in my bedroom with a magazine, I read, drew, cut, wrote and basically entertained myself for the whole day. Somehow the introspection was comforting and nurturing. I have learned over time that if I don't get space to do that I fall apart. Anyone else feel the same? Yes, I see that hand. 
Today I got to do just that. Stayed in my jammies, read, sorted, processed, planned and all from my comfy chair. Now, I feel like Deborah the Judge and ready to lead an army into battle (Judges 4). What nurtures you?

Comments

dellgirl said…
Nice post, I enjoyed reading it. It's a good reminder to me that I am the same way you described. I also learned that if I don't get space and some alone time, I can get irritable and that's not good... for me or anyone else. Thanks again for the reminder.
Lorraine said…
Hi Dellgirl, thanks so much for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment. Yes, it takes all kinds to make a world!

Popular Posts