Paper and Textiles : Be Inspired


As part of my daily routine I am trying to include time to be creative. God made me with the desire to create and it nurtures me. That alone makes it important!  I don't have loads of time and I probably won't ever make my living from it but it helps me to be a happy girl!
I am pretty OCD about most things and I tend to procrastinate as a result but my new mantra is, "if anything is worth doing, it is worth doing. period!" (to steal a phrase) Thank you Barry Banther, one of my beloved  professors. 
So, I will try to at least give it ten minutes a day and maybe more.



This is my latest creation. I have fallen in love with a channel on YouTube called Amity Bloom.
She has this love of paper and textiles that is really inspiring. After watching SIMPLE & EASY/ways to use fabric I was inspired to whip out some cute remnants and make this journal cover. I had a leather travelers notebook that I was not too fond of so this cover was perfect. I can change it out whenever I want to as it is simply wrapped around like a sleeve. If you have a love of paper and textiles go be inspired!

Comments

dellgirl said…
Great post, I love it! You've hit another nerve with this one. Before computers and the internet, I was the ultimate crafter, seamstress, DIY(er), etc. I loved and indulged in hours and hours of creative adventures. Now, I don't have time for much of anything. Caregiving rules the day here.

Thanks for sharing this journal cover, it's really nice.

Have a great week!

Popular Posts