Reminding Myself Why I Started to Blog in the First Place.

As you can see from the date of my last post it has been well over a year since I posted last. The reason being was that I fell into the, "become a blogger and you can earn $2,000 a month" trap. I am not saying this is not a reality for some, it is just not for me.
I signed onto Word Press and decided to take the beast by the horns. That was my first mistake. I find Word Press so overwhelmingly complicated that I never had the time to put into it. My second mistake was to invest in a wonderful theme and hosting package. (All of these things are necessary if you want to hit the big time, or so they say). Again, I became so overwhelmed because my financial investment made me feel like everything had to be perfect.
I finally spent 30 days praying about it and had a friend pray for me. Nothing like prayer to bring a little reality check into play. I neither have the time, know how or commitment to follow the path I was on and it was taking all the fun out of it.
So, I am reminding myself why I started to blog in the first place. I love to write, take photos and log memories. AND, if I can inspire a life along the way I am a contented woman. So, here is my new look and my revitalized commitment. Welcome to The View From Here!


Fireworks over Yorktown July 4th

Comments

Popular Posts