I Will Miss This.

Working in elementary school I was dreaming of summer break just like any other tired, overworked, under paid teacher. However, my reasons were probably a little different to most.
I saw the opportunity to dig my teeth into my online degree. Living in Virginia, it was not enough to have a BA but it had to be regionally accredited. So, if I wanted to teach where I live I had to go back to school. So that was the back story to my summer.

I know that in this season of my life I cant spare the energy to lament missed summers but I have to look beyond. I am thankful to say that I have been able to accomplish what I set out to do. I am on the home stretch now with less than three weeks left before I report for duty. Finishing well is the hardest for me. I have four courses down and three to go. I want so badly to relax but I know I can't.

One consistent practice that has kept me on track this summer is to spend time in the word and plan my day. I am blessed to have a quiet space in the outdoors that I can calm my clamoring spirit and get direction. A hot cup of coffee, a journal and the Bible on You Version app sets my course for the day. I will miss this.



Comments

Popular Posts