Christy Tomlinson and Thinking Outside the Box.

I love Christy Tomlinson the creator of She art. I am a bit of a stalker when I make a discovery and I have been going back into the archives to find out about her creations. Today was the perfect day to do it because I am nursing a sinus infection after a tooth extraction. Ouch! even my guilt over a dirty house didn’t get any movement today.

So, Christy can be found on her blog where she shares lots of wonderful tips, projects and videos and she can also be found at My Craft Channel where she shares some fab videos. 

As usual my mind is working overtime. I am thinking canvases, journals, teaching etc., I even thought about using some of her techniques to create my ‘Life Canvas’ for my craft room. What about it’s use in art therapy? Wow! I am exhausted just thinking about it. I think I should start small and just enjoy my creative side first!!

Then I got to thinking. I have seen her style of being very casual with her tools and mediums and how that adds an extra element to her work. I also have enjoyed her way of thinking outside the box when it comes to what she uses. I am a bit of a Magpie when it comes to ephemera and trinkets so now I know how to put them to good use.  My craft room would breath a sigh of relief also. So, off too creative expression and thinking outside the box. Thank you Christy.

ct

Art by Christy Tomlinson

Comments

Popular Posts