Reflection Sunday

Can’t put my usual picture as I had computer problems and we ended up taking my computer back to factory settings! Thankfully we were backed up before the necessity arrived and now I just need the time to sort through it and upload it on my hard drive ugh!  “Just lately I’ve been carrying around a piece of rope and I can’t figure out if I’ve lost a horse or found a piece of rope!” I can relate.

Yesterday we had the privilege of sharing about our work, at Church, as it was Global Outreach Week.  Pastor Hambleton used the passage about the Wedding Feast for the Morning Sermon with emphasis on the ‘right garments’ . Of course, the ‘right garment’ is the righteousness of Christ for with out it we can not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Whilst reflecting on Habakkuk 2 this morning, I was reminded again about this theme. "Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him;
But the righteous will live by his faith.” Hab. 2:4
  Trying to prove ones own righteousness is pride! I have to say this is probably one of the greatest struggles I have had in my own Spiritual life over the years. 

We all have different coping mechanisms, mine is to withdraw and do it myself!  However, when carried over into my Spiritual life, I do not surrender myself to the righteousness of God and instead try to establish my own!  Talk about years of frustration and feelings of disillusionment!  Those garments just won’t do!  AND in the words of a former mentor, “God has no other recourse than to let me do it myself until I come to the end of myself and call upon Him” 

God please forgive me for my pride and change my heart within!

Comments

Popular Posts