Last Weekend of The Schoolyear: A bit of a Non-starter

I always find the last weekend of the school year a bit of a non-starter. 

I imagine that I will feel a sense of accomplishment and exuberance as I get to the finish line but I don't. The kids finished Friday and we have Memorial day off before going back for two teacher workdays.  So, I guess I haven't really finished the schoolyear yet. I know from experience that unless I plan and monitor my exit from the mad rush of the working world I will flounder and not accomplish any of my goals for the Summer.  What! but this is supposed to be a break...

When you carry the weight of a fulltime college load, a family and a 40 hour a week job you build lists. Lists of things you would do if you had a moment. So, while I continue my college courses through the Summer, I will start to work on those lists. 

But back to my weekend. I am changing pace. I am at least gearing up to enjoying weekends off. This weekend my goal was to eat, sleep and re-hydrate. If I get any household chores done it will be a bonus. I spent the morning at Church and I will spend my afternoon crafting and planning. This will help re-charge my batteries. Hope you are having a rejuvenating weekend.



Comments

Anonymous said…
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for Michigan
Anonymous said…
I was more than happy to uncover this great site.

I wanted to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!!

I definitely savored every part of it and I have you saved
to fav to see new things on your web site.
Anonymous said…
Awesome I love this!
Anonymous said…
this is great
Anonymous said…
this is great do you mind if I share it?

Popular Posts