Mixed Media–Journaling

I have been in a bit of a slump lately. Mostly emotionally and so that just penetrates through all areas of your life including the creative side! However, I have been playing in the mixed media pond and have found it to be very therapeutic! 

Not only does anything go but you can’t get it wrong. This means I don’t have to be such a perfectionist and the creation can evolve as I go. This leads to great discoveries and really relieves the stress.  

001

I started with a piece of patterned paper that had girlie sentiments on it and glued it down to my page. Then I got the acrylic paints out and finger painted over the page. I got the girl from a digi kit by Fiddlette Designs which is made up of  cute designs to be used for mixed media.  After gluing her down I added stamped designs, rub-ons and some journaling.

This is the first page of my journal and if you are interested in the spiritual meaning check here ready 2 soar

Comments

Popular Posts