How do I Honor My Father and Mother?


I love both of these photos. My Mum and Dad celebrated 60 years of married life 18 months ago. They love one another dearly and their lives are a testimony to commitment. 

I read and listened to a wonderful devotional today. It was about honoring your father and mother in their old age. It was on YouVersion, the Bible app. If you haven't tried it then you should check it out. I love it. 
 
Ex 20:12 Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you."

 What really struck me was that the commandment was given to a community of grown adults. We usually are referring to children when we quote the scripture but the true intention was for the adult community of God's people. It begs the question, how do I honor my father and mother? 

Comments

Popular Posts