What do you Delight in Today

Psalm 1:2 reads, "but his delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law he meditates day and night".
The word delight is an action word not a feeling. It means to bend toward. This makes me question my posture. What am I bending toward? 

I remember having times in my life were I delighted in God's word. The encounter was not brief and time stood still. I had nowhere else to be except in the presence of the almighty. I dug, I meditated and I worshipped. The Holy Spirit brought the word alive and I couldn't get enough. Those encounters were a necessary part of my growth as a young believer and I still yearn for those experiences.

So what is different from then and now. Well, I'm married and have more responsibility, I work a full-time job and have lots of passions and pursuits. Time is short and there are lots of distractions. Do you feel me?

I've felt my check engine light turn on lately. There has been a caution light in one of my seemingly inocent pastimes.  It is getting my attention and love more than it should and I am giving it the place of another. I am DELIGHTING in it.  In the long-run, It won't give me the return that I am hoping for and it will crowd out what will. 
Sometimes, we have to say no in order to day yes. DELIGHTING is an intentional word. What are you setting your desires on?

Comments

Popular Posts