How can I Streamline and be More Efficient?

I have spent the day researching and planning. Rather than make a lot of New Year Resolutions that I know I won't keep I have been reflecting on what my needs for 2020 are and how to be more efficient.
I am a working Mama and a 50+ one at that. I work an intense 9 hour day that leaves very little left over for anything else. So, my obvious question is how can I streamline and be more efficient? What are my ongoing concerns and how can I satisfy them?
  1. I want to start blogging again and so I need a better camera phone. I want those candid moments and I am not going to whip out my DSLR on a moments notice. My Samsung J7 has been a faithful phone but its almost 4 years old, it lacks in the camera department and the GB's of RAM and memory are smaller than I need. I buy my phones outright because I don't need large monthly tariffs and so I need a good quality mid range phone. I went with a Moto G7 which seems to satisfy all my needs. Hopefully, I will be impressing you with great photos soon.
  2. I struggle getting my grocery errands done on my only day off. I am going to try pick up for a while and see if that helps. It may spin our food budget through the roof but I hope not.
  3. Grabbing high energy carbs seems to be what trips me up when it comes to weight loss so I am going to try food prep for a while. Sunday afternoon I will prep for one week of lunch and snacks and see if this helps. If it does then I might also prep some evening meals. 
So that's how I spent today. Researching and shopping! 
If any of you working Mama's have struggles or suggestions I would love to hear them in the comments below.


Comments

alexa said…
Streamlining is such a great idea ... and your plans look very do-able to make life easier for yourself. I always found making meals a chore, so prepping in advance used to help. I've recently been given 'The Green Roasting Tin' which makes cooking a lot easier and more fun.

Popular Posts