Hello Summer 2022

It's my first day off from teaching and I wake up at 5:51 a.m. Rhythm is a beautiful thing except when you want to change it 😊 I don't mind so much. I love the quiet hours of the morning. I like to be alone with my thoughts. 
This morning I am thinking about what I'm going to do with the next 2 months of my life. Last year I worked 5 weeks for summer school. That was long and it was painful, especially after covid years. So this year I decided I wasn't going to do that. 
Now I have a blank slate before me. It's an opportunity to do all the things that I have not had chance to do in the last 2 years. It feels luxurious! It's one of the many benefits that teaching affords me and I'm going to make the best of it. 
I'm not naive, it will go by quickly so I have to have a plan. I had an app on my phone called squirrel and I loved it. I made all my bucket list and to-do lists within squirrel. However, I went back to it yesterday and everything was gone because tech moved on and evidently they didn't 😟
I am now using Bucket List. Not a very creative name but it does the job. I was able to create all my buckets under the category of Summer 2022 and now I can go under each one and make to-do lists. But that's enough creating for today! 
Reading, creating, teaching, health, exercise, family, business, house. That should keep me going! I chose not to put a worship bucket this year because I don't want to treat my spiritual life like it's a goal. My spiritual life is intrinsic to everything I do and so I want to approach it in this way. What are your dreams and aspirations for the summer of 2022?

Comments

Popular Posts