2019: Year at a Glance

I would be remiss to launch into my desires for 2020 without reflecting on 2019. It was a year I won't soon forget with spectacular highs and devastating lows. 
The year started out with student teaching in high school. This was the culmination of 5 years of online education and full-time employment. I was scared to death but it was amazingly okay. I lived right through it! From there I sailed into elementary school to student teach in 1st grade. It was hard work but my mentor was amazing. I finished the year successfully and started jumping through all the hoops that they make teachers jump through just to get a job. It was never ending. Then came the interviews. I had only two and I landed the job of my dreams. Sped. resource in early years. It is a gift. One I will be eternally grateful for. 
After five years of hard work we had planned several trips and excursions over the summer. Then the phone call came. My husband had been in an accident. Thanks be to God he was not hurt and neither was anyone else but he had written the car off and earned a ticket!  The trips started to disappear one by one. I felt angry and betrayed. I know, selfish right! Oh how I had mixed emotions. I was thankful that hubby wasn't hurt but sad that I didn't get to celebrate my victory. 
I started my new position in August and it has been crazy busy. I have worked my butt off and I have barely kept up. But that is teaching I guess. There is so much more to my year but this was the crux of it. I did get to visit my folks in the UK and I have forged wonderful friendships at school and church.
After the roller coater ride of 2019 I am praying that 2020 is a little more even keeled.




Comments

Cheri said…
Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Your life seems as crazy busy as I felt before I became unwillingly unemployed. Wishing you the best as you connect with what is most important for you in 2020!
alexa said…
That is indeed a rollercoaster of a year. Teaching is an exhausting profession and one not properly appreciated by those who've never done it. Hoping that you are able to catch your breath a bit more this year and there will be pockets of time for you which will be refreshing and nourishing.

Popular Posts