Reflection Sunday

Reflection Sunday

Come, Oh Come, Emanuel!

This morning we were reminded that advent is a reminder of the advent for Christ’s return. All of Christendom are in advent for the return of Christ.

1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.” John 14:1-4

For Advent we count down the days and weeks to Christmas, with stories and symbols, marking time as it goes by. The joy builds as we anticipate a celebration with our loved ones. For some the preparations are a mad rush four weeks before the day and for others they might begin preparing a year ahead. For some, the waiting is more than they can handle, especially young ones. Time is measured by how many sleeps we have left.

The return of my savior is imminent but do I wait and prepare with as much intention as I do the celebration of Christmas. I should and more so. I love Christmas but it is a shadow of what we really await! As we celebrate this Christmas let it remind us of what we are really looking for. Come Lord Jesus. Come!

Comments

Popular Posts